There have been innumerable productions centered on topics such as defense, personal and professional equilibrium, among others. Yet, none have harmoniously encapsulated these themes as exquisitely as the renowned series “In Plain Sight.”
“In Plain Sight” is an American dramatic television series featuring the captivating portrayal of Mary Shannon by the talented Mary McCormack. Shannon, a Deputy United States Marshal stationed at the Albuquerque, New Mexico office of the esteemed Federal Witness Security Program (WITSEC), known also as the Federal Witness Protection Program.
The narrative unfolds through various captivating events as Shannon deftly navigates her work responsibilities, witnesses under her charge, relationships with colleagues, and her personal life. The entire series was artfully filmed in Albuquerque, premiering on June 1, 2008, on the esteemed USA Network.
The series was masterfully crafted by David Maples and boasts a stellar cast including Mary McCormack, Fred Weller, Nichole Hiltz, Todd Williams, Lesley Ann Warren, Paul Ben-Victor, Cristián de la Fuente, and Rachel Boston, each delivering compelling performances.
The mellifluous strains of the theme music were composed by Jeff Beal, while the evocative score was crafted by W.G. Snuffy Walden, Tree Adams, Liz Phair, Evan Frankfort, and Marc Dauer. This captivating production was meticulously created within the United States and presented in the English language. The series spans a total of five captivating seasons, comprising a total of 61 episodes.
The masterful team of executive producers includes David Maples, John McNamara, Paul Stupin, Dan Lerner, Natalie Chaidez, Ed Decter, John J. Strauss, John Romano, and the talented Mary McCormack herself. The esteemed roster of producers includes Oscar Luis Costo, David Maples, Clara George, David Slack, Craig McNeil, Mary McCormack, Karen Moore, Mark Piznarski (pilot only), and John Cockrell.
The enchanting series was predominantly filmed in the picturesque locations of Albuquerque, New Mexico, with its captivating cinematography helmed by John B. Aronson, Jim DeNault, and David Wagerich. The post-production process was deftly undertaken by Bonnie Koehler, John Bael, Jennifer Pulver, Mitchell Danton, Chris Peppe, Lori Jane Coleman, Nancy Morrison, Debby Germino, Scott K. Wallace, Sarah Boyd, Regis Kimble, and Shoshanah Tanzer.
Each episode of this captivating series boasts a runtime of approximately 45-48 minutes. The esteemed production companies involved in its creation include Pirates’ Cove Entertainment, Tiny Clambake Productions, Universal Media Studios, McNamara Paper Products, Frontier Pictures, and Universal Cable Productions. The series was distributed by NBCUniversal Television Distribution and aired from June 1, 2008, until May 4, 2012.
The gripping narrative revolves around the life of Mary Shannon, a Deputy United States Marshal operating within the Albuquerque, New Mexico office of the esteemed Federal Witness Security Program (WITSEC), commonly referred to as the Federal Witness Protection Program. The series astutely delves into the intricacies of her personal and professional life, her rapport with colleagues, and much more.
- The character of Mary Shannon has been played by Mary McCormack.
- The character of Marshall Mann has been played by Fred Weller.
- The character of Brandi Shannon has been played by Nichole Hiltz.
- The character of Jinx Shannon has been played by Lesley Ann Warren.
- The character of Stan McQueen has been played by Paul Ben-Victor.
- The character of Raphael “Raph” Ramirez has been played by Cristián de la Fuente.
- The character of Robert “Bobby D” Dershowitz has been played by Todd Williams.
- The character of Det. Abigail Chaffee has been played by Rachel Boston .
- The character of Chuck Johnson has been played by Tim Kelleher.
- The character of Peter Alpert has been played by Joshua Malina.
- The character of Special Agent Mike Faber had been played by Steven Weber.
- The character of Scott Griffin has been played by Aaron Ashmore.
- The character of Seth Mann has been played by Geoff Pierson.
- The character of Hal Alpert has been played by Ken Lerner.
- The character of Dora Alpert has been played by Randee Heller.
- The character of Mark Stuber has been played by Bryan Callen.
- The character of Lia Hernandez has been played by Tia Carrere.
- The character of Joanna Stuber has been played by Mimi Kennedy.
- The character of James Wiley Shannon has been played by Stephen Lang.
- The character of Kenny has been played by Josh Hopkins.
- The character of Special Agent Robert O’Connor has been played by Will McCormack.
- The character of Eleanor Prince has been played by Holly Maples.
In Plain Sight is a popular series that had five seasons. All of these seasons had 12 episodes each.
- The first episode of the first season was named “Pilot”.
- The second episode of the first season was named “Hoosier Daddy”.
- The third episode of the first season was named “Never the Bride”.
- The fourth episode of the first season was named “Trojan Horst”.
- The fifth episode of the first season was named “Who Shot Jay Arnstein”.
- The sixth episode of the first season was named “High Priced Spread”.
- The seventh episode of the first season was named “Iris Doesn’t Live Here Anymore”.
- The eighth episode of the first season was named “Don of the Dead”.
- The ninth episode of the first season was named “Good Cop, Dead Cop”.
- The tenth episode of the first season was named “To Serge with Love”.
- The eleventh episode of the first season was named “Stan by Me”.
- The twelfth episode of the first season was named “A Fine Meth”.
Prospects for a Sixth Season:
Following the conclusion of the fifth season, fervent fans have eagerly awaited news of a potential next chapter. Regrettably, the makers of the series have yet to make any official pronouncement regarding a forthcoming installment.